This is Jeannie with Nonnasscraps and I am so excited to be visiting with BugBytes again! Thanks for having me, Pam! Come visit me really soon.
It doesn't seem possible that graduation is just around the corner! Time to get cards for those special young men and women ready!
Slider Card by Lenae of SugerGems (check here)
My Thoughts Exactly Stamps More Mini Thoughts (check here)
Lettering Delights digital papers: Pencil Me In, School Time
Graduation Cap cutting file
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Assorted Glue, pop dots
Software that uses SVG or MTC files
1 1/2" x 2" scrap card stock
- Download and open the slider card file in your software. In MTC, texturize (fill) the shapes with the chosen digital paper. (If your software does not allow you to do this, simply print the paper on your home print and cut as you would any paper.)
- Cut the card parts and assemble according to Lenae's directions.
- Create the tassel:
- Cut a length of embroidery floss 6". Center and place across the 2" width of the card stock.
- Begin wrapping the floss around the 1 1/2" width of the cardstock, over the 6" length. Wrap approximately 16 times.
- Tie the 6" piece of floss at the top of the wrap as shown:
- Opposite the tie, insert scissors between the floss and the cardstock. Cut through the floss at the lower edge of the cardstock.
- Cut a second 6" of embroidery floss.
- Bring all layers of floss together. Approximately 3/8" away from the first knot, Center and tie the second 6" of floss. Wrap the remaining floss in opposite directions around the tassel.
- With enough left to tie another knot, bring the floss to one side from opposite direction. Tie a tight knot, securing the strands of the tassel.
- Trim the ends. Voila!
- Download the Graduation cap file here:
- Stamp the inside layer with the My Thoughts Exactly stamps!
I Love this card and I know that you will, too!