It’s Kelly from www.kamscraftyplace.blogspot.com. Today I thought I’d show you how I colour in a stamped image using my Promarkers. Promarkers are like Copics, but are a British company and they are slightly cheaper to buy. They give the same amazing results.
Here are my Promarkers. I got the storage idea of a blog I’d seen it on. It is very useful as I can find my pens a lot easier now.
Well I just got a new stamp the other day. It’s from a company I hadn’t tried before.
It’s an unmounted stamp. I didn’t want to use EZ mount on the back. So I used this instead.
It’s crafters companion Stick and Spray. This is the first time I’ve used it and I think it’s fab.
Here’s what it looks like after I’ve sprayed the stamp
Here is the stamp Stamped out. It is important to use the correct inkpad with Promarkers/ Copics. I use the momento Inkpad. Also the card you use needs to be the highest gsm you can get and very smooth. The Card I use is 300gsm. The smoothness helps the promarkers to blend better.
As you can see it’s a nice crisp stamped image. First I coloured her skin. Sometimes I leave it to the end. There’s no right or wrong way, it just depends on where you want to start.
I coloured in again on the cheeks to make it look like she’s got pinky cheeks.
I then coloured her dress in using two colours, a pink and a lilac. I wanted it to be subtle.
I then coloured her shoes. As you can see they’re rather bright compared to the rest of the image
To tone this down I used my blender pen. I just coloured over the top of the pink. It then made it lighter and more subtle. I then coloured the grass and dandylions.
Here is it finished coloured in. I always go around the image in a grey as it makes the image pop. I then attached my nestibility to the card. To make sure it didn’t slip I used masking tape to hold it in place.
After putting it through my cuttlebug, I noticed it hadn’t cut all the way around.
So I just turned it around and put it through again. This time it was cut properly.
I then found my chalks and coloured in around the image in yellow. I sometimes don’t like it being white and this is a nice way to change the background colour without over powering the image.
Here it is finished.
I then stuck it to the front of the card. I put crystals all around the edge. I then stickled the wings and dandylions. I always do this last as there’s less change of me smudging the glue.
I hope you like my card and have gained some tips on how to colour in a image. The pens are worth the effort.